File for LEGITIMATION to the Local Civil Registrar Office (LCRO) where the birth of the child is registered. The requirements for registration of Legitimation of illegitimate children are:
- Certified True Copy of Certificate of Marriage,
- Certified True Copy of the Certified of Live Birth of the Child,
- Acknowledgement of Paternity (if not acknowledged in the COLB),
- Affidavit of Legitimation executed by both parents w/c shall contain the ff. facts:
- Names of the parents,
- that at the time when the child as conceived, the aforesaid parents could have contracted marriage and subsequently contracted marriage,
- date & place when such marriage was solemnized,
- name of the officer who solemnized/officiated the marriage,
- city/municipality where such marriage was recorded,
- name of the child to be legitimated, and other facts of birth,
- date & place where the birth of child was registered, and
- the manner by w/c the child was acknowledged by the parents w/c may be in the child’s record of birth, in a will, a statement before a court of record, or in any authentic writing (not required for illegitimate children born on or after August 1988).
Repatriation and the oath of allegiance to the constitution & the Philippine Government shall be filed in the CRO of the city municipality where the instrument was executed. However, if the Philippine citizenship is re-acquired by naturalization, the order of the court granting citizenship shall be recorded in the Register of Court Decrees/Orders following the rules of registration of court decrees.
- Submission & Review of Required Documents
Submit the required documents to CRO staff, who will review the submitted documents for annotation & registration.
- Payment of Fees
Proceed to the City Treasurer’s Office for the payment of requisite fees.
- Record of Request
Present your Official Receipt to the CRO staff who will record the request to the logbook.
- Registration of Legal Instrument/Annotation to the Affected
Civil Registry Record CRO staff enters the legal instrument to the Registry Book, and annotates it to the affected record.
- Preparation of Annotated Record
CRO Staff prepares the annotated civil registry record.
- Release of Documents EIC releases the document to the client.