Top 10 Most Asked Questions About PSA Birth Certificates

Question #3: We placed a false date of marriage in our daughter’s birth certificate. We are married now; how do we correct the date of marriage in our child’s birth certificate?

Intentionally placing incorrect or false information on a civil registry document is unlawful.  Apart from causing confusion, you might even need to hire the services of a lawyer in order to rectify the “error” on the document.  It is not as easy as filing for a Petition for Correction, nor is it as affordable.

Go over your copy of your birth certificate and check that all entries are accurate (and true!).  If you are doubtful, verify the details with your family and other relatives and if you find out that something is indeed wrong, have it corrected right away.


Read this for more information: