Top 10 Most Asked Questions About PSA Birth Certificates

Question #4: My child is already registered at the LCR but I want to add three more letter to his name when I get his PSA Birth Certificate. Is this possible?

A misspelled name is different from “changing the name”. For example, your name is supposed to be “Rachelle” but your birth certificate shows that you are “Rochelle”.  Changing the “o” in Rochelle to “a” to make it Rachelle could mean that you are changing the person’s name altogether as “Rochelle” is also a valid female name.  However, if the name is written as “Rackelle” instead of “Rachelle”, it could pass as a typographical error and therefore, could be corrected through a petition for correction of a clerical error.


Read this for more information: