Top 10 Most Asked Questions About PSA Birth Certificates

Question #9: The Last Name field in my birth certificate is blank. What should I do to get a copy with my last name on it?

A misspelled entry in your birth certificate can be corrected by filing a Petition for Correction of Clerical Error. But what if your case is a missing entry, such as your last name?

All the fields in a person’s birth certificate must be duly accomplished and double-checked for accuracy before submitting to the LCR for registration. Still, for some reason, some individual’s birth certificates lack pertinent information such as their last name, birthplace, and parents’ information.

Here’s how you can apply the missing details in your birth certificate, particularly, your last name.


Read this for more information: