Find out which type of birth certificate correction you need.

Change of First Name: First Name Being Used Is Different.

If the first name written on your PSA birth certificate is not the name that you use in most of your IDs and transactions, you need to have it changed.  It is important that the details in your IDs and the one written in your birth certificate, match.  Government agencies, such as the Department of Foreign Affairs, are particular with the consistency of entries in our birth certificates and other government-issued IDs and documents.  Read the blog for the full details on how to have your first name changed if it is not the name you are using in your transactions.