Find out which type of birth certificate correction you need.

Judicial Correction: Change of Citizenship/Nationality.

There are certain birth certificate errors that need to be consulted with a lawyer and may have to undergo court proceedings. It is actually the LCR (where your birth certificate was registered) that should advise you if you need to escalate your birth certificate issue to the courts. Read this to know more about the process of correcting a birth certificate entry through judicial correction.