Find out which type of birth certificate correction you need

Judicial Correction: Substantial changes to the parents’ names.

Changes in the parents’ names is a major modification and will definitely require the owner to seek the help of a lawyer.  It could be as simple as correcting the spelling of one or both parents but if the correction would change the parent’s name entirely, it will have to undergo a court proceeding. Again, it is the LCR that shall determine if the case has to be consulted before the courts. Here is an example of such correction where only one letter had to be changed but the case had to be heard in court.


Learn more about it here: