Find out which type of birth certificate correction you need.

Supplemental Report: The illegitimate child wants to use the father’s surname. Take note that this correction only involves the surname. Changing status to legitimate or illegitimate requires court order/proceeding.

A child’s birthright is a sensitive matter and any error must be dealt with carefully. Filing a supplemental report may be your best option to have these types of errors corrected. Read this.